A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin...
This was so hard for her. Not sure if she will ever learn to stay with me. We did this so many times up and down and I didn’t see much improvement. Was the distraction too close?
The distance between her and the distraction. Will make it low ,medium, to high. If she can say no in face of low distraction 10’ away at 80 % success. Then the distraction can be bumped up to medium (closer at 5’) 80%. Then High distraction. Remember to try and end successful. Even if that means you have to take step back, to set her up for success. Does this make sense to you Trina?
This was so hard for her. Not sure if she will ever learn to stay with me. We did this so many times up and down and I didn’t see much improvement. Was the distraction too close?
ReplyDeleteYes..far to close.
ReplyDeleteHow far away does she need to be. Sorry. Hope I haven’t messed it up.
DeleteHow far away does the distraction need to be?
ReplyDeleteWithin about 10'
ReplyDeleteOh wow that is a lot farther that I would have thought.
DeleteHave I messed it up? I feel so bad for putting her through that.
DeleteNo, you haven't messed up.
DeleteGreat practice though
ReplyDeleteThe distance between her and the distraction. Will make it low ,medium, to high. If she can say no in face of low distraction 10’ away at 80 % success. Then the distraction can be bumped up to medium (closer at 5’) 80%. Then High distraction. Remember to try and end successful. Even if that means you have to take step back, to set her up for success. Does this make sense to you Trina?
ReplyDeleteYes that makes sense.
Delete