FOUNDATION Course Outline

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Tracking progress


 Tuesday was a rough training session. We were at the CV Park where people were playing pickle ball and some kids were to the side playing. We started about 30' away from the distraction and Zoey would not stay to my left side. She kept going behind me to my right side. After working and working I decided to go further away approximately 60-70 feet away. It took her about 15 minutes of me continuing to circle around her before she started to say on my left. After I felt confident with her ability and we were about 90% successful I moved about 5 feet closer. We practiced there until we reached approximately 80-90% success. I felt so defeated with her. She just didn't seem to get it. Any noise would send her out of position. The garbage cans, trash bags etc didn't seem to bother her it was the noises that she can't handle. I then took her to Tractor supply where she did amazing, staying to my left and keeping right with me. (Finally a little hope was restored.)

Wednesday training: We started off where we left off on Tuesday About 50 feet away. She did really well. Almost 100% accuracy after 10 minutes. So we moved closer to the noise. She continued to do well. I kept gradually getting closer and closer until I reached her breaking point. Then I moved away to the last point she was successful. We continued to work there for about 30 minutes. I then took her to a different area where there were dogs barking that always seems to agitate her. We worked there for 10 minutes She did fairly well. Again I just kept getting closer and closer to the distraction while continuing to maintain accuracy.  The last spot I took her to was behind a building where there are tables, air conditioner, heater fan, trash cans. Going up she did awesome each time. However going back there was an 8 ft section where she kept going to my right side. I worked in this area until she was able to have 80% success. We then went back to where all the people were and did quiet time. She sat by me going into a down a few times but when a loud scream occurred she would sit up. Although she wasn't in a full down, I was excited she wasn't jumping on me or hiding under the chair. 

1 comment:

  1. PROGRESS FOR SURE. Great thinking and paying attention to her Trina!

    ReplyDelete