FOUNDATION Course Outline

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Monday, January 29, 2024

Wk 3 day 1 practice

 Please watch the sit stay, place, and stand and advise to what I am doing wrong. I hate to practice wrong. 😑





5 comments:

  1. Please let me know what improvements need to be made. I’m a little unsure on the stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Stand, as long as she is in a Stand, and not collapsing, ease up on any leash pressure. The loop can be loose if she is maintaining her Stand. She will do Stand better on a harder surface so try her Stand on her Place Board. Remember to 'Start in a Sit and end in a Sit'. Does.that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you keep practicing the stand the support with the leash is loose. if she start to collapse then tighten the leash support. You’ll have to see how she does.

    Place remember to set back to her and take her off the same side you put her on.

    Sit stay looks good !! If she can hold her sit/stay at nose to knees working up to one minute at low ,medium ,high distraction levels. Then you can increase the distance. Then the time start's over at the new distance.
    Great work Trina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I knew that on the place to take her off the same side. That is how we practiced our 20 reps today. Don’t know what I was thinking. I will release pressure on stand and only apply it if she starts to sit. Thanks for the reminder to start in a sit and end in a sit on the stand. We had a little issue on the heel post. As we were going by one of the posts she walked into me which I stepped onto her paw. Now she is pulling far away to the left. I made her finish on a good note and will start again tomorrow. Hopefully she will do better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Supported Stand pressure is loose unless she starts to collapse. We want to cease the support in 2 weeks or so. This what I ment to say.

    ReplyDelete