During practice today I had some questions.
1. When the leash is around my neck is it ok to snub leash on left turns? Every time I do a left turn without snubbing it is a fail.
2. On the recall, when I step back and have her go around me to a heel do I try to have her sit on the placeboard or in front?
3. Is my footing right when I do the return to dog?
Also, on the approach by a stranger, is she in a sit stay or a stand stay like the video?
ReplyDelete1. Yes do snub leash for Left Training Turn.
ReplyDelete2.On the Recall, do the Step Back to Dog. Work the Finish as a seperate exercise feom the Recall this week.
3. Start with stranger approaching to do Sit for Exam. The Stand for Exam with a stranger will be done in a later class.
4.
4. Yes, your footwork for the Return to Your Dog is correct.
ReplyDeleteGood work!!!
Thanks for the quick response! I’m so glad I can snub leash as this will make her more successful. I will work the recall separate from the finish. Hopefully she will pick up on the finish quick.
ReplyDelete