A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin...
FOUNDATION Course Outline
FOUNDATION Course Equipment List
Saturday, February 3, 2024
WK 3 exam 2
We went over to the same spot we have worked the last three days. Again, she really struggled. We went to tractor supply after and worked on walking with the turns and she did really good. I am almost wondering if it’s the area we are in. If you need me to redo a video in a different area, maybe our backyard I sure can. Also, as I was re-watching the video, I noticed I gave the command place which I wasn’t supposed to. Oops sorry about that. She is getting used to the place with the PVC pipe. She also seems to be doing good with the stay command. Today she was sliding off of the base she was sitting on at one point I thought she was gonna slide completely Off. She was trying so hard to stay on. Thanks for all your help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Week 3 Exam 2 uploaded. I’m thinking I need to do it in a different area? Let me know what yo in think.
ReplyDeleteTrina,
ReplyDeleteThe issue could certainly be the area. Since we want to do the EXAMs in low levels of distractions, you sre welcome to redo this EXAM elsewhere just to see if she does better.
Roxanne
Trina,
ReplyDeleteThis is a good practice video. Here are some pointers.
*Your slower pace is helping Zoey maintain better heel position.
*Remember on your Left Training Turn, snub FIRST, then plant the right foot at a 45 degree ° angle towards the left, shift your weight from left to right (this is 'the push' we showed you), THEN do the sweep with left foot. Clear as mud right🫣.
* On your right turn, plant your left foot at 45 °degree towards the right, shift your weight from right to left (this is 'the push' we showed you), THEN take a very small step to the right, then another step with your leftf foot.
These turns feel almost like a dance step as there is a sequence, a rhythm and a flow to them. BTW, I don't dance, I don't have naturally rhythm or beat, so if I can learn how to FEEL when these steps are correct, so too can you.
* This EXAM is 💯silent. No commands at all.🤭
Zoey is trying REALLY hard to get this right, her check-ins are stellar, her AS's are FABULOUS and Trina, you are helping her understand so very well.
Please redo this EXAM, if it will help, do someplace else, with low distractions, even your garage is fine.
Remember this EXAM is done 💯 % silently. No commands at all.🤫 The point of this EXAM is to see if the dog has learned to read your body mechanics.
Does this make sense?
Roxanne
Yes. Makes sense. I will redo it.
ReplyDelete👍
ReplyDelete