FOUNDATION Course Outline

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Monday, March 4, 2024

Question / Clarification

 Just to be clear, on the relaxation walk, I attach the longe line with the light line to Zoey. I do a 3 minute sit stay followed by a 5 minute down stay. I then do a return to dog with EF. Then I start walking, beginning with left foot. I do not say Heel. Zoey needs to figure out that I am going. As I walk around the gym she is supposed to stay by my left side. If she gets out of heel position I counter move to get her back into heel position. Throughout the walking I do several halt sits without giving her the command but I do praise her if she sits. I continue the walking for about 40 minutes. Is this correct? This is how I practiced today and just want to make sure I am doing it correctly.


3 comments: