We have been practicing so hard this week. Wednesday and Thursday we went to tractor supply, which she did fairly well. Tonight however she is doing horrible! I worked inside a building and she struggled. I went outside which was a bad call on my part because the wind kept blowing the string all over and she thought it a game. I finally ended up going into the house and working her in the hallway just to end on a good note. It wasn’t as good as she usually does, but good enough to end on a decent note. I will record her exam tomorrow morning and let you see what she is doing. Hopefully you will be able to help me. I’m really thinking after tonight that this week will be a fail. On a good note she is doing awesome on her recall. The only issue with it is I put the place board in front of me for her to sit on, her struggle is I can’t get her to go back to heel position when she is on the board. I have to put her leash back on and step back before she will go around. But if I just do a recall where she is not on a placeboard she will go to heel position. It is so weird. Anyway, don’t expect much from tomorrows exam. Here is her recall in tractor supply.
A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin...
FOUNDATION Course Outline
FOUNDATION Course Equipment List
Friday, March 1, 2024
The good and the bad.
We have been practicing so hard this week. Wednesday and Thursday we went to tractor supply, which she did fairly well. Tonight however she is doing horrible! I worked inside a building and she struggled. I went outside which was a bad call on my part because the wind kept blowing the string all over and she thought it a game. I finally ended up going into the house and working her in the hallway just to end on a good note. It wasn’t as good as she usually does, but good enough to end on a decent note. I will record her exam tomorrow morning and let you see what she is doing. Hopefully you will be able to help me. I’m really thinking after tonight that this week will be a fail. On a good note she is doing awesome on her recall. The only issue with it is I put the place board in front of me for her to sit on, her struggle is I can’t get her to go back to heel position when she is on the board. I have to put her leash back on and step back before she will go around. But if I just do a recall where she is not on a placeboard she will go to heel position. It is so weird. Anyway, don’t expect much from tomorrows exam. Here is her recall in tractor supply.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Update on the week so far.
ReplyDeleteHer Recall is wonderful. Here's a new mechanic when doing the Finish from a Front Place Board.
ReplyDelete1) Do use your leash, do step backwards
2) Do step forward with left foot to bring Zoey, again, onto her Front Place Board in Heel position.
So Zoey is facing you on her Front Place Board (from Recall), she steps off her Front Place Board to come behind you (the Finish), and returns again onto her Front Place Board in Heel position. Does this make sense?
Roxanne
Do her EXAM today in low distractions, like your garage. The wind is 😖 so work her someplace without wind.
ReplyDeleteThat finish makes sense. So I’m ok to put leash back on to guide her around so she gets use to it.
ReplyDeleteIt's an easy way to train a learning dog to 'target' their Front Place Board.
ReplyDelete